This month has flown by, I can't believe Cooper is already a month old! We are starting to get the hang of this two kid thing but it is definitely exponentially harder with 2 vs just 1. I also forgot how much I appreciate sleep! We are still struggling with finding the right balance as far as his diet. He was having a really hard time digesting breast milk, he would spit up almost everything he ate and would be uncomfortable for an hour after he ate. The doctor
recommended soy milk to see if he was lactose intolerant. The soy worked great, no more spitting up, but he got extremely constipated. Now we are trying a combination of soy and breast milk with me limiting my dairy intake- hopefully we will figure out a good balance soon.
More pictures to follow soon... going to bed now.

(Picture is from when he was 11 days old)
3 comments:
I can't believe it's been a month already! I'll bet he is changing so much already. I hope we get to see you all soon. LOVE you guys!
I know you have a million people giving suggestions, but...here's one more. Finn couldn't have any dairy either, so I had to cut out everything..milk, etc., but in addition anything with whey or any other milk derivative, so breads and other things (majorly sucked) so if just limiting the obvious dairy isn't helping you might want to look into that as well...
I can't believe Cooper is 1 month old!!! Now that the holidays are over I want to get together with you guys and hang out. I tried all of those diet things with Dylan and nothing worked....it made me crazy because after you weed out everything that can cause the tummy problems, there is not much left to eat!! The thing that really started helping Dylan is prevacid for acid reflux. If your diet changes don't work, try some acid reducing medication. Hope all is well and can't wait to hang out with you guys soon. Love you!
Erica
Post a Comment