It's official, today is the first day of maternity leave which means little Riley's arrival is right around the corner (hopefully). Ryan and I are anxiously counting down the days and every little movement or stomach ache gives me a false sense of hope that labor is starting. At my doctors appointment on Friday, I was 3 cm dilated which means he could come any day, or he could still go past his original due date, they never know with first time babies. The doctor did say that as of Friday, she thinks he is probably around 7 1/2 pounds which means that if he does go to his due date (May 13) he is going to be a big boy considering they can gain up to a half a pound a week in the last month of pregnancy. Ouch!!
Ryan and I are keeping busy and distracted by doing projects around the house. Last weekend, we removed all the bark from the back yard and laid sod which was quite the undertaking considering all I could do to help was roll out the sod once Ryan carried it over to me. He was pretty sore the next couple of days... This weekend we tore out the old hardwood floors and are replacing them with new exotic hardwood called Tigerwood. We didn't get completely finished but should be done today and they are going to be beautiful. Thanks Jim and Cindy!!
I am not sure what I am going to do with all this time I have waiting until Riley comes but I am sure I will think of something, I will keep everyone up to date on any changes and let everyone know once labor does finally start!


1 comment:
You remodeled Tucker and Layla's "room!" How thoughtful of you! Do they LOVE the new green turf...LOL
Post a Comment